Never eat dry chicken breasts again!
Dry, boring, bland, about as exciting as eating cardboard.
That’s a comment often heard when discussing the prospect of eating chicken breasts for dinner. It’s healthy, lean protein but chicken breasts are just so… blah.
That is until… you’ve had sous vide chicken breasts!
Henceforth, you can banish the thought of eating dry and chewy chicken breasts forever! And with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, a serving of moist and juicy chicken breast is a great way to impress your dinner date with your culinary skills. It doesn’t take a masterchef to make bacon taste good. But with sous vide, you can serve masterchef-standard chicken breasts! And it couldn’t be simpler. We’ll show you how!
- 2 pieces of chicken breasts, skin removed, no more than half inch thick
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- freshly ground black pepper
- coarse sea salt (if you have pink himalayan rock salt that’s even better!)
- Place each piece of chicken breast in its own bag. Having each piece in its own bag ensures even cooking.
- Add 1 sprig of fresh rosemary and half a tbsp of olive oil for each piece of chicken breast and gently massage the breasts to ensure the oil is coated evenly.
- Vacuum seal your bag. Be careful that the rosemary does not pierce the bag.
- Preheat your sous vide water bath to 60°C / 140°F
- Once your water bath is ready, place your bagged chicken breasts into the water bath. Make sure you use a rack so that your bags are not pressed together.
- Set your timer and cook for 60 minutes.
- When the chicken breasts are done, remove from the bag and gently pat dry. You want them dry so that oil doesn’t spatter everywhere when you sear them. And you do it gently so that you don’t squeeze out all the juiciness out of your chicken breasts! Keep the sprigs of rosemary aside.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken breast.
- And now for the final sear! Get your grill pan hot to almost smoking point. Sear your chicken breasts on each side for 30 secs.
- Plate up with your favorite salad or grilled veggies and serve! For a nice presentation, you can use the sprigs of rosemary you saved to garnish your dish!
Was that easy?! Easy-peasy!
That’s how you cook sous vide chicken breasts that will knock the socks off your dinner date! They’ll be amazed at just how juicy, tender and moist your sous vide chicken breast can be. And they’ll be back for more ‘magical’ sous vide meals from you for sure!
Make sure you post and share with us pictures of your finished dish and send us your thoughts and comments so that we can hear how the dish went for you!
So sous vide soon and bon appétit!